Wisma 99 Speedmart was just closed until 27 December 2020, after a staff member there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
Wisma 99 Speedmart : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 24 December 2020, 99 Speedmart announced that an employee at their Wisma 99 Speedmart headquarters in Klang tested positive for COVID-19.
This affected employee, who worked on the 10th floor, reported to the management on Tuesday, 22 December 2020, that she had a fever.
She did not report for work that day, and immediately arranged to take a COVID-19 test, which came back positive on Thursday morning (24 December 2020).
As a precautionary measure, Wisma 99 Speedmart will be closed until Saturday, 27 December 2020. Their employees will work from home in the meantime.
Close contacts of the affected employee was asked to undergo immediate COVID-19 testing, and they are also sending all of their employees for a COVID-19 test over the next two days.
Wisma 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Case : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected 99 Speedmart employee, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
This case highlights the reason why the Malaysia government continues to insist that office employees must work from home.
As the employee worked in their headquarters, there is no need to avoid purchasing your groceries at 99 Speedmart outlets.
You are only at risk if you worked in Wisma 99 Speedmart, particularly if you are in the same office or on the same floor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the building of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
The best way to protect yourself is to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
Wisma 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Case : Official Statement
This was the official statement posted by 99 Speedmart on 24 December 2020 :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- 444 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 23 December 2020
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Karex Pontian : Closed After 28 COVID-19 Cases!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Gets COVID-19!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!