Is controversial preacher Zakir Naik being funded by mamak restaurants in Malaysia?!
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Zakir Naik Is Funded By Mamak Restaurants In Malaysia!
This message has gone viral on WhatsApp and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, claiming that controversial preacher Zakir Naik is being funded by mamak restaurants in Malaysia!
Recommended : Prego Carbonara Sauce Recall In Malaysia + Singapore!
No Evidence Mamak Restaurants In Malaysia Are Funding Zakir Naik
There is really NO EVIDENCE that mamak restaurants in Malaysia are funding Zakir Naik, and here is what we know so far…
Fact #1 : This Is An Old Viral Claim
This claim about Zakir Naik being funded by the mamak restaurants in Malaysia isn’t new.
The viral message first started circulating in 2019, before going viral again in 2021, and now, in 2023.
Fact #2 : PRMM Does Not Exist
The Persatuan Restoran Mamak Malaysia (PRMM), which translates as Association of Mamak Restaurants of Malaysia, does not exit. There are only two associations in Malaysia representing mamak restaurants:
- Malaysian Muslim Restaurant Owners Association (PRESMA / Persatuan Pengusaha Restoran Muslim Malaysia), and
- Malaysian Indian Restaurant Operators Association (PRIMAS / Persatuan Pengusaha Restoran India).
Representatives of both PRESMA and PRIMAS said they have never heard of PRMM.
Fact #3 : Both PRESMA + PRIMAS Denied The Viral Claim
Both associations representing mamak restaurants in Malaysia – PRESMA and PRMAS, denied the allegations that they are funding Zakir Naik.
Recommended : Are Mamak Restaurants Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain?
Fact #4 : Impossible To Have Over 17K Mamak Restaurants In Malaysia
While mamak restaurants may seem ubiquitous, there are not so many mamak restaurants in Malaysia.
PRESMA has about 4,000 members, although they are not all mamak restaurants.
PRIMAS, on the other hand, has about 1,150 members who operate banana leaf restaurants. Only 25% of its members were Indian-Muslims.
Fact #5 : This Is Just Malaysian Fake News
This is really just another example of fake news targeting people in Malaysia. Here are examples of other Malaysian fake news that I fact checked earlier.
- Are Push Pocket Criminals Targeting Tourists In KL?!
- Did Netanyahu Deny Anwar Ibrahim Is Israeli Agent?!
- Fact Check : Parting Words of Judge Augustine Paul?
- Did Sarawak MPs Fight To Protest GPS Joining PN?!
- Did SPR Mislabel GE15 Ballot Box To Cheat Voters?!
- Were Waxed GE15 Ballots Used To Skew Early Votes?!
- Did Kelana Jaya LRT Fail Due To Cracked Software?!
- Bangladeshi Man With Malaysian IC + Chinese Name?!
- Are Petronas Petrol Stations Cheating At The Pump?
- Is Jho Low Missing From Interpol Red Notice List?!
- Are Robbers Pretending To Be Home Affairs Officers?!
- Did Kajang Prison Warden Invite Najib To His Home?!
- Is Najib Razak Staying In This Swanky Prison?!
Please help us FIGHT FAKE NEWS by sharing this fact check article out, and please SUPPORT our work!
- Pfizer Denies Gain of Function, Directed Evolution Claim!
- Paul Pelosi – David DePape Videos + 911 Call Released!
- Did Project Veritas Show Pfizer Mutating COVID-19?!
- Diamond : Cause Of Death Not COVID-19 Or Vaccine!
- Did Jessie Lemonier Die Suddenly From Vaccine SADS?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!