MyTOWN just announced the temporary closure of ZARA after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
ZARA @ MyTOWN : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
On 17 December 2020, MyTOWN Shopping Centre announced that ZARA informed them that one of their staff members there tested positive for COVID-19 on 16 December 2020.
The affected employee has receiving treatment, and the other employees working in the same shift were placed under self-quarantine and were tested for COVID-19 as well.
They also immediately closed ZARA on 17 December 2020, for sanitisation and deep cleaning. ZARA @ MyTOWN will only reopen on Saturday, 19 December 2020.
Here was the official MyTOWN statement on ZARA’s COVID-19 exposure :
MyTOWN ZARA COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
Due to the mandatory requirement to wear face masks in public, the risk of the affected employee infecting customers is low.
The greatest risk is to fellow employees working on the same shift – they may share a meal or chat without masks on during their breaks.
Needless to say, ZARA and MyTOWN will be conducting contact tracing with the Ministry of Health. And those identified as close contacts must self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
Again, this serves as a reminder of the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning of the ZARA outlet will definitely clean it of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!