The Zota tissue paper tablet video is making people worry about fake medicine made from tissue paper! While that video is GENUINE, the truth is quite bizarre!
We will share with you the truth and facts about the Zota tissue paper tablet scare!
The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare
The video, recorded in India, showed a man peeling a large Zota medical tablet apart to reveal that it was made from tissue paper.
He then showed himself taking out another tablet from the Zota strip, and pulling it apart into another piece of tissue paper.
Because the man spoke in the Oriya language, most people do not know what he actually said. However, the Internet being the Internet – the video went viral anyway.
People not only shared it, they claimed that it was evidence of unscrupulous people selling fake medicine made from tissue paper.
- Tissue paper sold as cheap tablets in market. Take Care… they are harmful!
- Warning! Fake medicines made of tissue papers
- హెచ్చరికతినడానికి ముందు టాబ్లెట్ విచ్ఛిన్నం చేయండి లేకపోతే మీరు మీ జీవితాన్ని కోల్పోతారు. ఈ వీడియో 2.17 నిమిషాల్లో ప్రపంచం మొత్తాన్ని కదిలించింది. చూసిన తర్వాత ఫార్వార్డ్ చేయడం మర్చిపోవద్దు.
The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Truth & Facts!
After investigating this claim, we found that the video is actually genuine. However, the truth is not what it seems.
To help you understand what really happened, we created this special video to debunk the fake stories about the Zota tissue paper tablet.
If you prefer to read, here is a summary of the Zota tissue paper tablet scare and the truth :
- The incident happened in early June 2017, in the Bileisarada village in the Puintala Block of Balangir, in Odisha, India
- At that time, a woman called Sita Rana from that village went to consult a doctor for an illness.
- He prescribed her some medicine from Zota Pharmaceuticals – an Indian pharmaceutical company
- When she took a Zota tablet out to consume, she found that it was too large to swallow
- When she tried to cut the tablet into half, she discovered that it was made out of paper!
- That was presumably when a male relative recorded the video, pulling apart not just one Zota tablet, but two of them, to show the world that they are made from tissue paper.
- The video is genuine. However, that Zota tablet is not an actual medical tablet.
- It is actually a Zota Wet Tissue Paper tablet that is given to doctors as promotional gifts for their personal use.
- This was confirmed by both Lalit Kumar Mishra, the Zota Pharmaceuticals Regional Manager, as well as Himanshu Zota – a director of Zota Pharmaceuticals.
- The doctor, Pradeep Panda, initially claimed that he prescribed Sita Rana the compressed tissue paper tablets to use when she sweats, together with other medicine; and either she did not understand his instruction, or she got confused.
- But he later admitted that he accidentally gave the Zota Wet Tissue Paper tablet strip, instead of the actual Zota medicine!
- Odisha TV also reported that some members of the press misreported it as well, projecting it as a failure of the state’s healthcare system.
So while the video is true, it is NOT evidence of doctors or unscrupulous people selling fake medicine made out of tissue paper.
More On The Tissue Paper Tablet
The tissue paper tablet is also known as a towel tablet, tablet napkin, coin tissue paper, coin towel, and so on.
They are usually made from viscose rayon, which is generally derived from the cellulose of plants like soy, bamboo or sugarcane.
When you add water to it, the tissue paper tablet expands to a wet towel that is typically about 26 cm x 20 cm.
Although these compressed fibre towels look like medical tablets and even shipped in strips like real medicine, they are really too big to swallow – an important safety feature!
They are popular as gag gifts, because of what they look like. But because they are so small, they are popular with frequent travellers.
- Why You Should NEVER Give Laser Pointers To Kids!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- How To Wear A Surgical Mask – The Hoax & The Truth!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- Can Bottled Water Cause Cancer?
- Princeton University Warns Of Cancer Risk From Fridge Magnets
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!